The 2018 Payroll Upgrade releases will be Opera 3 (v2.50.00) and Opera II (v7.70.00), and will cover the legislative changes required to complete the 2017/18 year end and start the 2018/19 tax year.
Reminder that Opera II will no longer be updated for Payroll after this update, we strongly suggest you update to Opera 3 as soon as possible.
Summary of changes
- Auto Enrolment contribution increases: under automatic enrolment, minimum pension contributions are required to increase on defined dates over time.
- National Minimum and Living wage: new warnings and a report to assist with compliance.
- Increase in State Pension Age: by October 2020, the state pension age for both men and women will reach 66.
- New option to always round up pension contributions: some pension providers require that contributions are always rounded up to the nearest pence.
- Real Time Information (RTI): changes for the new Government Gateway and RTI submissions.
- Relaxing of data validation rules: relaxing data recording rules in the Personnel application and customer and supplier deletion in the ledgers.
- PAYE, NI and statutory payments: the rates, bandwidths and thresholds have been updated as per the changes announced in the Autumn Statement and the Scottish Budget.
- Auto enrolment thresholds: these have been updated as per the changes announced by The Pensions Regulator.
- Electronic P60 formats: these have been updated and approved by HMRC.
- The Personnel Benefits form in the Personnel application has been changed to match minor changes to labels on the P11D introduced by HMRC.
If you have any questions, please email support at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Support Team on 01246 861100.